Sweet Pepper Chicken
Sweet red and green pepper strips add attractive color to this delicious chicken from Ann Johnson. "Put it in the slow cooker before getting ready for church on Sunday morning," recommends the Dunn, North Carolina cook. "It'll be ready to eat by the time you get home."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms, onion and peppers. Combine the soups; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Nov 2, 2012
Not much flavor but good base for a recipe, just need to add some extras
Jun 17, 2012
Not bad flavor, just a little one note. Needs ground pepper.
Nov 13, 2011