Sweet and Spicy Peanut Chicken
Chicken thighs and a slow cooker— that's a marriage made in culinary heaven! Juicy and flavorful, this simple dish will make you swoon when you return home and find it ready. The filling is also excellent in lettuce wraps. —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice and lime wedges, optional
- Place chicken in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine broth, jelly, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with peanuts and red pepper. If desired, serve with rice and lime wedges.
Test Kitchen tips