Sweet and Spicy Peanut Chicken
Chicken thighs and a slow cooker— that's a marriage made in culinary heaven! Juicy and flavorful, this simple dish will make you swoon when you return home and find it ready. The filling is also excellent in lettuce wraps. —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice and lime wedges, optional
- Place chicken in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine broth, jelly, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with peanuts and red pepper. If desired, serve with rice and lime wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 525 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooker Peppered Peanut Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.