Sweet Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles, optional
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange marmalade, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice or noodles if desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice or noodles): 379 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Sep 23, 2017
My wife and I very much enjoyed this easy recipe.
Mar 2, 2015
The tasty is a little heavy on the orange flavor, but my husband and I enjoyed it. Probably not one for the kids, as it's a little too tangy. But definitely a good "date night" recipe to try.
May 4, 2013
We both found this indelible. May have been because Hickory smoked flavour BBQ sauce was used. I am now not convinced that any BBQ SAUCE would go with marmalade. Sorry to be so negative. My taste Level: includessophisticated gourmet and Internat'l food as well as simpler levels
Apr 26, 2013
Any time I can find a good slow cooker recipe, I'll save it. I modified it slightly by using boneless, skinless breasts, thighs and legs. Saves a lot of time not having to cut-up & skin chicken. I used Smucker's marmalade & KC Masterpiece Bar B Q sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.