Italian Chicken and Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 each small green, sweet yellow and red peppers, julienned
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Mix first eight ingredients; stir in peppers. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 3-4 hours. Serve with pasta; if desired, top with shaved cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 221 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Dec 13, 2017
Great recipe! Slow cooking is great but it can be made a lot healthier. Instead of a crockpot, I used MEC pure clay pot for this recipe. It cooked a lot faster and the flavor was all natural and enhanced. You should try that and I promise you'd never cook in a crockpot again.
Jun 18, 2017
The chicken was very tender & the flavors mixed well together.
Apr 22, 2017
Very easy, awesome taste! Thank you
Aug 29, 2016
I just made this recipe on Saturday. This is the best dish ever! My whole family loved it, even my picky son who isn't a big chicken eater! I made this just as written, and we loved it. This is definitely a keeper!!!
Jul 10, 2016
This is a fabulously tasty dish!! I will be making this often!
Feb 16, 2016
It was just ok
Dec 27, 2015
Sep 26, 2015
My husband loved this and said it had a lot of flavor. I even put my chicken in frozen so it could cook longer. I used homemade canned tomato sauce and homegrown peppers and garlic. I will definetly make this again so easy!
Jun 9, 2015
very good.Easy to prepare.
Jul 1, 2014
A tasty and easy slow cooker recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.