Easy White Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles.
- Place one can of beans in a small bowl; mash slightly. Stir mashed beans, remaining can of beans, chilies, seasonings and broth into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with toppings as desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 228 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Apr 25, 2016
Wow---this was such a delicious, easy weeknight meal. I used leftover chicken from baked chicken quarters the night before. I also used 1 can great northern beans and 1 can of pinto beans with jalapenos. The flavor was fantastic!!!
Dec 30, 2015
Very easy and tasty. I used shredded chicken that I had leftover rather than ground chicken, and everyone loved it. We'll be making this again. (It's great served with corn muffins, too!)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.