Easy White Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional toppings: Reduced-fat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up chicken into crumbles.
- Pour one can of beans in a small bowl; mash slightly. Stir mashed beans, remaining can of beans, chiles, seasonings and broth into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until flavors are blended, 12-15 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 228 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2018
This is Very Good I don't drain the beans, added 2 cans of Mexican corn, which I didn't drain either. Served with sour cream and shredded cheese. Big family hit. Spicy enough for us without cayenne pepper!
Apr 25, 2016
Wow---this was such a delicious, easy weeknight meal. I used leftover chicken from baked chicken quarters the night before. I also used 1 can great northern beans and 1 can of pinto beans with jalapenos. The flavor was fantastic!!!
Dec 30, 2015
Very easy and tasty. I used shredded chicken that I had leftover rather than ground chicken, and everyone loved it. We'll be making this again. (It's great served with corn muffins, too!)