Spicy Hot Wings
"Friends and family go wild when I serve these tongue-tingling baked chicken wings," relates Anna Free of Loudonville, Ohio. "The creamy dipping sauce is a mild accompaniment."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 10 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 5 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Paprika, optional
- Celery sticks, optional
- Cut chicken wings into three sections discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the butter, hot pepper sauce, garlic salt and paprika; pour over wings. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the sour cream, onion, milk, cheese, garlic salt and mustard in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Drain wings. Serve with sauce and celery if desired.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 122 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Hot Wings in Taste of Home February/March 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.