Peachy Serrano Pepper Wings
Bring the heat and a kiss of sweet peach jam to the table with these irresistible sriracha chicken wings. —Crystal Holsinger, Waddell, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups peach preserves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 to 3 serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Minced chives, ranch dip, optional
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two chicken wing joints; remove and discard wing tips. Place remaining wing pieces in a large resealable plastic bag. Add flour; seal and shake to coat. Transfer chicken to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken juices run clear, 4-5 hours. If desired, top with chives and serve with ranch dip.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 141 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Peach and Pepper Hot wings in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018