Zesty Basil Chicken
The combination of fresh basil and other seasonings gives this chicken a wonderful aroma. It's a real crowd-pleaser at picnics and potlucks...folks always come back for seconds!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, basil, onion, garlic and salt if desired. Rub pepper and lemon-pepper over chicken. Brush with butter mixture.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat, 15-23 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting with marinade frequently. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese.