Bandito Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Fry chicken until brown, about 6-8 minutes on each side. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine taco sauce, barbecue sauce, French dressing, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining butter; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is blended. Pour 1/2 cup over the chicken wings.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 223 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2018
Thanks for the recipe-like chicken items-will try to get it from some restaurant very large.
Apr 28, 2015
I used chicken legs to make these, I did take the skin off, but otherwise cooked exactly as directed. I was surprised by how mild these were, I was expecting a much hotter/spicier end result! I was glad for the mildness, just surprised! Very good though, will definitely make these again!
Apr 17, 2015
Delicious!!!!!!!!! I made them exactly as the recipe directed....we devoured them! I think you could cut down on the fat to brown the wings, and could use less butter in the sauce. I found them a little labor intensive, cutting off the tips and separating the other two parts of the wing, but I'm sure there are kitchen clippers or whatever that would make that part easy. Guess I need to look for something like that because my family loved these wings and will want them frequently!
Jun 3, 2012
My husband loves these wings!
Feb 5, 2011
These are sweet, not hot. I used fat-free Catalina and increased the hot sauce to 1 Tablespoon. Good wings!
Feb 7, 2010
These wings were pretty good, I would make it again, but I think I'll add a bit more hot sauce. I substituted light margarine for the butter in the sauce and used canola oil only to brown (did not use butter at all). I also think it could have used more salt (just realize I forgot the Worcestershire sauce, that may have made a difference). They were still good though. I used light BBQ sauce and light Catalina French, to also aid in serving a healthier dish.
May 31, 2009
I added 1/2 cup of brown sugar to add a sweet and spicy flavor to the recipe. Try it, you will not be disappointed. Great recipe and very quick and easy to prepare