Sticky Maple Pepper Glazed Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
MakesAbout 40 pieces
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line two 15x10x1-in. baking pans with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the 2 wing joints; discard wing tips. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Add wing pieces, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake until juices run clear, 40-50 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Drizzle over wings; toss to coat. If desired, top with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 27, 2020
My husband and I enjoy making wings for dinner on Thursday's during football season. I made these one evening for a change and OMG, they are delicious! I've made them several times since then and they never disappoint. Typically we will have 4 or 5 wings leftover, but not with this recipe.
Dec 26, 2019
These disappeared quickly at our Christmas Eve party. I thought they could use a little more glaze but everyone devoured them. Thumbs up here.
Dec 21, 2019