Sticky Maple Pepper Glazed Chicken Wings
This is one of my favorite appetizers to make over the holidays! The coarse ground pepper cuts the sweetness of the maple syrup by adding just the right amount of heat. These chicken wings are best fresh out of the oven (they are nice and crispy), but they are also delicious if made ahead and kept warm in a slow cooker. —Shannon Dobos, Calgary, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
MakesAbout 40 pieces
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line two 15x10x1-in. baking pans with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the 2 wing joints; discard wing tips. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Add wing pieces, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake until juices run clear, 40-50 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Drizzle over wings; toss to coat. If desired, top with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.