Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cider until smooth. Stir in syrup and onion powder; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and turn to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 226 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2018
I made this last night with sweet potato fries. It pairs really well. I didn’t have apple juice or cider so I used apple butter and added some water. I also only made half the recipe but still used same amount of ingredients for sauce and seasonings.
Aug 17, 2017
Dee-licous! Very quick and simple. A
May 14, 2012
Gourmet-quality recipe that is so easy and so quick.
Nov 8, 2011
I made this on a whim for something fast and easy. It couldn't have been any better, the flavors combined wonderfully and it was so quick I almost didn't have time to make my instant mashed potatoes!
Aug 18, 2011
I didn't have apple juice, but I had apple butter. So, I substituted 1/4 apple butter and 1/4 water for the apple juice. Worked great. Nice flavor, quick and easy.
Jul 29, 2011
This was delicious! The only thing I did a little different was at the end after thickening sauce and returning chicken to pan, I continued to keep it over the heat turning chicken often until the sauce almost "caramelized" to the chicken...about 5-7 more minutes. The chicken remained moist on the inside and wonderfully sticky and flavorful on the outside.
Jul 8, 2009
Chicken ala orange?
Apr 3, 2009
I know this might sound crazy but the first time I made this I didn't have apple juice so I used orange pop (fanta) and it was sooo good. I have also made it with apple juice since then but we actually prefer it with fanta instead. Very yummy.