Raspberry Glazed Wings
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a large bowl; add half of the raspberry mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining raspberry mixture.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and heavily grease the foil. Using a slotted spoon, place wings in pan. Discard marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved raspberry mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Brush over wings.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting once.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 80 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 15, 2014
Simply stated - this are the best wings we have ever made. The family loved it. Didn't change a thing. Have made it a few times now.
Aug 19, 2013
This is a very delicious way to dress up chicken wings. My husband could not get enough of them even after doubling the recipe.
Jan 23, 2011
The vinegar was overpowering both while cooking and eating. The chicken fat kept the coating from caramelizing and sticking to the wings. A lot of work for very little reward.
Jun 20, 2010
Use a doubleboiler and the sauce won't burn,stir continually and watch like a hawk.
Jan 24, 2010
This recipe did not work out for me. The glaze burnt.
Jan 19, 2010
I made these wings for a family reunion in November and everyone loved them. I had doubled the recipe and they were all eaten. This is an excellent recipe.
Dec 17, 2009
It is simply marvelous, and well liked by all.Yummy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.