Cranberry Hot Wings
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cubed
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Blue cheese salad dressing and celery sticks
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted.
- Meanwhile, cut wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip sections. Place wings on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Transfer wings to slow cooker; toss to coat. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until tender. Serve with dressing and celery.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 chicken wing (calculated without salad dressing and celery) equals 196 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Feb 7, 2020
Really good. I ended up making the sauce on the stove top and heating chicken in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes, basting, and then 20 minutes on the other side. It was good but not spicy. We enjoyed without the blue cheese. I used the blue cheese to dip broccoli and carrots that I served on the side.