Cranberry Hot Wings
Chicken wings get special treatment from cranberry sauce, a little citrus and a touch of hot sauce in this no-fuss recipe. The wings are a tangy way to heat up a winter night. —Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cubed
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Blue cheese salad dressing and celery sticks
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted.
- Meanwhile, cut wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip sections. Place wings on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Transfer wings to slow cooker; toss to coat. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until tender. Serve with dressing and celery.