Glazed Raspberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 5 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup raspberries and 2/3 cup water. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Strain raspberries and discard seeds; set juice aside.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Add raspberry juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and milk until smooth. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of pastry shell. Fill pastry shell with the remaining raspberries. Slowly pour glaze over berries. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 318 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 25, 2014
This was delicious! My husband prefers graham cracker crust, so I used that instead. Of course, what can make it better...chocolate :) Using a chocolate graham cracker crust made it a home run!
Jun 29, 2013
This is my favorite fresh Raspberry Pie. If the glaze is not thickened (as the other reviewer said happened) then cook a few moments longer until it is. It has a wonderful flavor and since the raspberries are fresh they aren't all mushy. I will be making this again and again.
Sep 23, 2010
I made this pie according to directions, however, it was very runny. Perhaps it needed more cornstarch. The flavor was very nice.
Jul 3, 2010
Have made this pie quite a few times over the last few years. Very, Very Good!