Very Raspberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- RASPBERRY TOPPING:
- 6 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Fresh mint, optional
- Mash about 2 cups raspberries to measure 1 cup; place in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Strain to remove berry seeds if desired. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, beat the cream cheese, whipped topping and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Spread in bottom of crust.
- Top with remaining raspberries. Pour cooled raspberry sauce over top. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 441 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 29, 2017
Delicious way to use my bounty crop of raspberries! Only suggest you use a 10 in crust because this recipe makes a little too much filling for a 9in crust. Also super easy to make which I love also..
Aug 28, 2016
Perfect recipe, just use a homemade graham cracker pie crust instead of a store-bought one. It makes the whole pie taste a lot better. All my friends beg me to make this pie for them! Highly recommend it
Jul 14, 2015
This sounds really good. How can I make it in a 9x13 pan?? Will I need to double the recipe?Thanks for your help.
Aug 3, 2014
This pie was fantastic. I cut back the white sugar to 3/4 cup. I also strained the berries for the topping to cut down on the seeds.
Jan 26, 2013
I gave away 1 piece of this pie the first time I made it this summer, the rest (3 more) I ate all by myself. This is so good; I can't believe my taste buds, yum, yum... I told them where to find the recipe because it was so good. The fourth time, I did not have as many raspberries (end of season), but it was still great. If you don't like the recipe, you made it wrong. It is very sweet, but so what!!! I have told everybody I know how good it was. Thanks.
Aug 28, 2012
Pie was okay. Used regular 9" pie crust. Way too much filling. Enough for two pies but only had one shell. Did not need six cups of raspberries either. Huge waste of expensive ingredients since I had no second shell. The pie tasted okay though...not great, but it WAS good
Jul 29, 2012
My husband loved this. It was very yummy!
Jul 28, 2012
I give this a 4 1/2. This pie is fresh and delicious........great summer surprise.
Jul 24, 2012
Too sweet, filling was too soft, didn't ever set up. Big mess and waste of precious raspberries. Will make my tried and true recipe, from now on. Big disappointment
Jul 24, 2012
I live in a 130 year old train depot in Louisiana!!..so I had to try this recipe..LOVE IT!!