Fresh Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- BOTTOM LAYER:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- For bottom layer, place sliced strawberries in the pie shell. For middle layer, combine the mashed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 15 minutes; pour over bottom layer. Arrange strawberry halves on top of pie. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream with sugar and almond extract if desired until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over pie or garnish individual servings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 378 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 16, 2017
Is so easy to make and it looks Awsome. Will know tomorrow after we eat it
Aug 27, 2017
Absolutely delicious. Tastes like fresh strawberries. I did cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup and felt it was just the right amount of sweet for us.
Jun 21, 2015
May 25, 2015
We have declared this the best strawberry pie ever. It tasted so fresh - none of the gelatin in it made it taste REAL rather than fake and gelled up. We loved this and will make it again for sure.
Mar 25, 2015
Easy to make and tastes delicious. But my middle layer never set, so it ended up being a runny mess. Followed the directions exactly, so don't know what went wrong.
Aug 22, 2014
This is the easiest and best tasting strawberry preview ever made! My husband loved it
Jun 25, 2014
I made this for my husband with fresh picked strawberries. He absolutely loved it! This recipe doesn't have that bitter strawberry Jello in it so the showcase flavor is REAL strawberry! I'm such a fan of this recipe and I will make it again!
Jun 19, 2014
Very tasty, liked that it didn't need gelatin.
Sep 5, 2012
This pie is so easy and absolutely delicious! Tastes like strawberry shortcake in a pie. Don't forget the homemade whipped cream and to make it extra special, drizzle it with a little melted dark chocolate!
Jun 22, 2012
I love this pie! Every time I make it, people love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.