Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- Line unpricked pie crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 264 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 27, 2018
Loved this pie made for a graduation celebration and has become my go to strawberry pie. I made one change though - I used melted white chocolate to cover the baked crust before adding the strawberries and gelatin. The flavor was nice and I never worry about the crust getting mushy anymore. Fun to garnish with a whole strawberry dipped in white chocolate! Yummmm.
Jun 23, 2018
Yummy!!! With whipped cream on it, over the top Yummy!!!
Aug 6, 2017
Easy and delicious! And beautiful!
Jun 16, 2017
Easy & delicious.
May 16, 2017
Delicious recipe. I did the same thing as reviewer nanrev EXCEPT I left the strawberries whole. The slight tartness of the whole berries paired with the sweetness of the gelatin mixture was really good.
May 11, 2017
Great, easy recipe. I added the sliced strawberries to the jello mixture, then filled the pie crust. All strawberries were covered with glaze as opposed to glaze sitting on top.
Mar 27, 2017
Delicious, I made it this past week for my son's birthday. I made a whole wheat crust and he loved it!
Jul 9, 2016
This was delicious. I didn't have enough strawberries so I threw in raspberries and blackberries that I had too. I have only had this pie with that packet of glaze you buy but this was so easy and tasted great.
May 29, 2016
There was a restaurant in my home town that made the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. This one was very close. I made it exactly as written.
May 26, 2016
My friend gave me this recipe years ago. Every time I made it people love it. Always my go to recipe to take to pot lucks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.