Rhubarb Raspberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Gently stir in rhubarb, raspberries and lemon juice. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour to soften tapioca; stir gently several times.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Pour filling into crust. Top with a lattice crust. Bake 45-55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 378 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2012
Awesome flavor combination! I really enjoyed the sweet - tart mix of this pie. Will be making this again for sure. I might put the raspberries through a food mill to take the seeds out and just use the pulp next time though - just a thought for those who don't like the seeds.