Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp
Every time I've entered our Boone County Bake-Off, I've won a blue ribbon. Last summer, when the category was rhubarb, this recipe was the grand champion! See if your family thinks it's a winner, too. The orange juice and peel give it real zest. Along with cooking and sharing recipes with my two daughters and friends, I love gardening and bird-watching.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Juice and peel of 1 orange
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and peel. In another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter as for pastry. Add oats and pecans; mix well. Turn rhubarb mixture into an 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with raspberries and cover with crumb topping. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until topping is browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp in Country Extra May 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.