Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in apple juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Add rhubarb; cook and stir gently 2-3 minutes or just until heated through. Stir in blueberries. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet on a rack below the pie to catch any spills. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 231 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 15, 2015
I love both blueberries and rhubarb! Thanks for putting them together!
Jun 17, 2014
If anyone wanted an easier pie to make, this is it!!I have made this several times and each time it is wonderful. For those who say they don't like rhubarb (dah shame on them) believe me they will not even know rhubarb is in the pie. The flavors compliment each other to the fullist. We love this pie!! MAKE IT LADIES, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!