Rhubarb Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with crust. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling. Top with a lattice or other decorative crust. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge.
- Bake at 400° until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling, 40-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 433 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 20, 2017
Outstanding recipe for those that love rhubarb! Many thanks to the lady that submitted!
Nov 8, 2016
Nice combination. Might drain the rhubarb a little next time
May 20, 2014
love the tang rhubarb and cherry. this is a wonderful pie and i would make it again and again. i think that i would freeze some rhubarb to make this pie in the winter.
Mar 23, 2013
This is an amazing pie! Seriously, I would not change a thing about it. It is so easy to prepare and the results are absolutely delish!