Pineapple Rhubarb Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and lemon peel. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add the filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 12, 2011
Took this to a grad party and it was a huge hit! Delicious!
Aug 9, 2010
definetly a keeper!! I have made this twice and my hubby LOVES this recipe. The pineapple gives a whole new flavor to rhubarb.
Jul 17, 2010
simple yet delicious