Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; serve with whipped cream if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without whipped cream): 232 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2018
A good, easy recipe. Needs more rhubarb, especially if using frozen.
Jun 1, 2015
Good recipe, but, I used a 20-oz. can of sweetened crushed pineapple and the same amount of sugar, and it was still too sour. Next time I'll use more sugar.
May 13, 2015
Wow! What a simple preparation for a dessert that's full of flavor. Also easy to make Gluten free as well. I added 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger to the crumble mix for a bit of zest and it got rave reviews! Definitely keeping this one for my rhubarb collection!
Apr 28, 2015
Delicious crisp, it was a little bit tart,I put a 1/2 cup of sugar instead of a 1/4 as the recipe called for. Will definitely make again.
Jul 5, 2012
This is a delicious. I have made it twice and we love it.
Jul 2, 2012
What a great way (besides using strawberries) to use rhubarb. Great dessert!
Jun 27, 2012
We are big rhubard fans, so I was excited to try this recipe.I have never paired pineapple with rhubarb, but I thought the flavors went well together. Both my husband and I loved this dessert and I will definately make it again.
Jun 18, 2012
Easy to make, this very lightly tart dessert is perfect for a summer dessert. I think the only change I'll make is to occasionally use strawberries. This recipe is what my husband refers to as a "keeper."
Apr 21, 2012
I haven't liked rhubarb in the past but really enjoyed this dessert. glad I made it as a treat for my husband!
Apr 18, 2012
This is a delicious dessert, and I served w/whipped cream. I also substituted fresh strawberries in place of the pineapple. Yum!