Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; serve with whipped cream if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without whipped cream): 232 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 15, 2019
Quick and easy! I used the sugar called for and it was plenty sweet. I think you could do with less sugar and will try it next time.
Jan 17, 2018
A good, easy recipe. Needs more rhubarb, especially if using frozen.
Jun 1, 2015
Good recipe, but, I used a 20-oz. can of sweetened crushed pineapple and the same amount of sugar, and it was still too sour. Next time I'll use more sugar.
May 13, 2015
Wow! What a simple preparation for a dessert that's full of flavor. Also easy to make Gluten free as well. I added 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger to the crumble mix for a bit of zest and it got rave reviews! Definitely keeping this one for my rhubarb collection!
Apr 28, 2015
Delicious crisp, it was a little bit tart,I put a 1/2 cup of sugar instead of a 1/4 as the recipe called for. Will definitely make again.
Jul 5, 2012
This is a delicious. I have made it twice and we love it.
Jul 2, 2012
What a great way (besides using strawberries) to use rhubarb. Great dessert!
Jun 27, 2012
We are big rhubard fans, so I was excited to try this recipe.I have never paired pineapple with rhubarb, but I thought the flavors went well together. Both my husband and I loved this dessert and I will definately make it again.
Jun 18, 2012
Easy to make, this very lightly tart dessert is perfect for a summer dessert. I think the only change I'll make is to occasionally use strawberries. This recipe is what my husband refers to as a "keeper."
Apr 21, 2012
I haven't liked rhubarb in the past but really enjoyed this dessert. glad I made it as a treat for my husband!