Rhubarb Granola Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup flour and sugar; stir in jam and set aside. In another large bowl, combine the granola, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, ginger and remaining flour. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press 2 cups of the granola mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; spread rhubarb mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining granola mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 395 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2014
I'm not a huge rhubarb fan but I LOVE strawberry rhubarb crisps. The topping really makes this dish great. I LOVE crisps that stay crispy and the addition of the granola really helps this topping stay crunchy. Since I'm not a rhubarb fan I just the rhubarb in half and replace it with fresh strawberries. The jam adds an extra sweetness and flavor level.
Jun 12, 2014
I make rhubarb monthly. This was a really good crisp and I will make it again. I did add a pinch of nutmeg to the topping.
Jun 18, 2011
Our family LOVE this recipe.... we have made a different version of ruhbarb crisp, but this one was like gourmet. Loved it