Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2016
Aug 8, 2015
Amazing! The perfect dessert for anyone with a sweet tooth!
Jan 6, 2015
All in all good, but would decrease brown sugar next time. A little too sweet for my taste.
Jun 29, 2014
This was great. I am not accustomed to the rhubarb, so I am not sure I would add it in the future. But all in all it was great.
May 24, 2014
This is the BEST crisp ever!
Feb 17, 2012
devine, simply devine;)
Jun 20, 2011
Excellent recipe! I used all fresh fruit and substituted blueberries for the blackberries, as they are cheaper and more widely available. I received many compliments and requests for the recipe!
Jun 19, 2011
My family loved this. This is the best "crisp" recipe I have ever made and will be the only one from now on.
Apr 27, 2010
Very Good! I used frozen strawberries and frozen bluberries. I didn't have blackberries. I also had fresh rhubarb from the garden.
Apr 22, 2010
Berry delicious rhubarb crisp is one my family simply loves and one we make when we have what we consider the right ingredients. It's delicious and so easy to make, my kids make it any chance they can. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box.