Easy Rhubarb Dessert
I start with a boxed cake mix and add fresh rhubarb, sugar and cream to create this fast-to-fix favorite in a jiffy.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread rhubarb over batter. Sprinkle with sugar; pour cream over top. Do not mix.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled.
Originally published as Easy Rhubarb Dessert in Country Woman March/April 1993
Mar 16, 2015
Loved it but will use 5 cups rhubarb next time still gets 5 stars
Apr 18, 2011
This dessert was so good..so easy..and I used a Namaste gluten-free cake mix because my son can't have gluten.