Rhubarb Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + freezing
Makesabout 2 quarts
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 to 7 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is soft.
- Stir in marshmallows, lemon juice and food coloring if desired; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 236 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
love it! Easy to do. love my rhubarb!
Jul 15, 2014
This was absolutely delicious! I only had half the cream I needed to make it, and it didn't turn out as smooth as would be expected as a result, but it was just perfect. No one else was a fan, but I plan on keeping this recipe and making a big batch to be frozen for myself!
Jul 1, 2014
This is delicious. This really does taste like fresh Rhubarb Pie. I like that you don't need an ice cream freezer, but it turns out just as good.
Apr 23, 2012
I've been using this recipe for years. It tastes just like fresh rhubarb pie.