- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 8 freezer pop molds or 8 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- Place rhubarb, sugar and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and blended, 10-15 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup mixture to a bowl; cool completely. (Save remaining rhubarb for another use.)
- Add yogurt, applesauce and strawberries to bowl; stir until blended. If desired, tint with food coloring. Fill each mold or cup with about 1/4 cup rhubarb mixture. Top molds with holders; top cups with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm.
1 pop: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.