Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour. Add fruit; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- For crust, in a bowl, mix flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk oil and water; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until a dough is formed (dough will be sticky).
- Roll dough between two pieces of waxed paper into an 11x7-in. rectangle. Remove top piece of waxed paper; invert rectangle over filling. Gently peel off waxed paper. Brush pastry with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 479 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 12, 2019
This is delicious. Crust stays crispy. Serve with ice cream.
May 21, 2019
Very good recipe!! Will make again
May 2, 2019
This is an excellent recipe. I used frozen strawberries and frozen rhubarb, defrosted just until the pieces could be separated. I will definitely make it again!
Apr 25, 2019
Apr 25, 2019
Beautiful recipe and delightful sweet and crispy crust. I used olive oil and no other changes. Served with vanilla fat free frozen yogurt right out of the oven. A fantastic recipe I will use over and over again.
Apr 25, 2019
I made this but instead of strawberries I used sour cherries from my tree and put it in a pie crust with a crumb topping and everyone loved it!
Apr 8, 2019
What oil can I use instead of canola oil for strawberry rhubarb pie? Ty
Jun 21, 2018
I made this filling to go in a pie instead of a cobbler. Did not dot with butter. Just the berries, rhubarb, sugar & flour, and it turned out delicious!!!
May 17, 2018
This is Very good. I’ll make it again, but I’ll use a larger pan.
Apr 28, 2018
I made this cobbler based on the five star reviews. Baking has long been one of my favorite hobbies/passions and I enjoy trying new recipes. I followed this recipe as written and was disappointed with the results. The filling was good but the crust was just blah and nothing special. My family and I ended up eating the filling and leaving the crust. Also, the filling didn't set until the cobbler was cold. We enjoy eating our pies and cobblers while they're warm, with a scoop of ice cream. When I cut into the warm cobbler, it was quite runny and difficult to serve. I will definitely not be adding this to my favorite recipes collection. There are so many better strawberry rhubarb recipes than this one and I will stick to my tried and true favorites.