Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and pineapple. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into refrigerator containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Top with lids. Refrigerate for 3-4 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 57 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
May 31, 2018
Made it for my husband and I, then I made some for my sister and her family everyone loved it. Great on toast, muffins and crepes.
Jul 30, 2014
Very tasty and easy to make. Will be keeping this recipe with my favorites. Delicious on toast.
Jun 24, 2014
Loved this recipe, it does not use pectin but has a nice consistency. When making a canned sauce like this or other jams and jellies the correct quantity of sugar is key. If you decrease the sugar it will not set up properly. Finding a lower sugar recipe would be best if you find this too sweet.
May 21, 2014
I made this yesterday and was disappointed. It was way too sweet so would decrease the sugar and it never set up. It will be good as a syrup or ice cream topping. I don't know what could be done to make it gel better.
May 19, 2014
Sounds really good will have to make it
Dec 2, 2013
Strawberry rhubarb anything is just right with me. I think I would eat rhubarb in my morning oat's. This recipe is outstanding.
Oct 2, 2013
over the top
Jun 15, 2013
I would like to make this for Christmas gifts. can I freeze this for a few months?
Jul 4, 2012
I use twice the pineapple and freeze it. I use it as pancake syrup and ice cream topping
Jun 29, 2012
This recipe couldn't be easier and has that special homemade taste. I would definitely recommend it! Even if you have never made jam don't shy away from this one. Makes a beautiful hostess gift, along with some muffins.