Streusel Rhubarb Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add eggs; mix well. Fold in the rhubarb. Pour over crust. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until rhubarb is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 4, 2018
Very good. They are the same thing as Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares except they have the crumb topping on them. Both are delicious. They are like a Rhubarb Custard pie only easier!!!!
Jun 1, 2018
Have to agree with the others - BEST rhubarb dessert ever! Simple to make and it's a good thing because my family taste tested these until I had none to bring to a potluck so made another batch quickly. Everyone at the potluck loved them and asked for the recipe. Always a good sign of a great recipe. Had to make more once home too! Will be making often I'm sure.
May 30, 2018
This is the best rhubarb dessert recipe hands down!
Jul 27, 2017
I have been making this recipe since you first published it. It is my favorite dessert. I have been told many times by guests that this is THE best rhubarb dessert they've ever had. I make it exactly as written, because it is perfect. It pairs wonderfully served warm with a full-flavored Vanilla Bean ice cream (Breyers or Signature Select brands have great vanilla bean flavor).
May 31, 2017
Delicious! This recipe is a keeper!
Jun 12, 2016
Very good recipe; it reminded me of my mom's apple crisp. Both my crust and topping were way too dry making it with the amount of butter listed, so I ended up using almost 1/2 cup for the crust and about 6 or 7 tablespoons for the topping. My husband really liked it; his only request was that I use more rhubarb next time. I'll be making this again.
Jul 1, 2013
We loved this recipe! Served warm with vanilla ice cream - yum!
Sep 6, 2012
O M G! These were wonderful! The crust was like shortbread. I got comments like "AWESOME", "delicious", "wonderful".
Apr 26, 2012
This was very good. I served with vanilla ice cream.
Jun 7, 2011
I made this for dessert for a family dinner. Everyone loved it and it was simple to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.