Easy Rhubarb Muffins
Since I collect muffin recipes as well as rhubarb recipes, this one was a real find! These muffins are good either for breakfast with butter or as a dessert topped with whipped cream.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in flour, salt, rhubarb, baking soda, baking powder and nuts. Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins and press lightly into batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Rhubarb Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.