Easy Rhubarb Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in flour, salt, rhubarb, baking soda, baking powder and nuts. Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins and press lightly into batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 10, 2019
Love these!! they are wonderful I rarely have buttermilk around, just put a teaspoon of vinegar in a one cup measure, fill with milk, and let sit for 5 mins. instant buttermilk!!
Jun 5, 2019
Made these this morning, and wow! I’ve made a lot of different rhubarb recipes over the years, and I’m happy to say this is one of the very best! The muffins are light and bursting with fresh flavor. Even my hubby said they were great...adding this recipe to my favorites. Thanks for another winner, TOH!
Aug 10, 2014
Very good! I froze most of them and then thawed them out as needed and they were just as good, plus the topping stayed crunchy.