Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Combine egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 1 tablespoonful of batter into nine greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Combine rhubarb and preserves; place 1 tablespoonful in the center of each cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched in the center.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 209 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 10, 2016
May 6, 2013
These muffins were so good! The only change that I made to the recipe was to add a second tablespoon of batter to the bottom of the muffin tin. One did not cover the bottom and I did not want the filling to stick to the bottom. I still had enough batter to cover the top after the filling was added.
Mar 9, 2009
It says so in the recipe.
May 21, 2008
This has been my favorite muffin recipe for the last ten years. My husband looks forward to spring and fresh rhubarb for these yummy muffins!
Apr 22, 2008
can you use fresh rhubarb in this?