Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg. Add brown sugar, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat for 1 minute. Combine dry ingredients; stir into sugar mixture just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 12, 2015
love rhubarb ANYTHING!!! these are WONDERFUL...moist and yummy...please try the recipe as written before you make substitutions!! they deserve to be tried as is!!
Dec 29, 2012
These were great! I made some healthy changes and they still turned out beautifully: subbed lemon soy yogurt for the buttermilk (thinned with a little water), whole wheat pastry flour for the AP flour, and cut the sugar back to 1 cup instead of 1 1/4. Actually, the hint of lemon from the yogurt was great with the rhubarb. Yummy, moist, and fluffy.
Sep 6, 2010
i made these for the guys at work. they loved them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.