Cinnamon-Topped Rhubarb Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about half full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 23, 2016
These are excellent! I added 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. Will def make these again!
Jun 27, 2015
These are terrific! I made them with NO changes to the recipe. They have exactly the right amount of rhubarb to have some in every bite. Have made several times and always have to share the recipe.
Jun 9, 2013
I didn't have enough rhubarb, so I substituted 1 1/3 cups of chopped apples. The whole family loved them!
May 25, 2010
Moist, and delicious. I made it with whole wheat and sucanat and it was healthy as well as fantastic tasting. The fam loves them!
May 16, 2009
So yummy!!! I used mostly rhubarb but added diced strawberries to make up the 2 cups. I sprinkled with cin. & sugar before baking, but no butter and they were delicious! A new favorite!
Jun 21, 2008
I loved these, I used half strawberries and half rhubarb. Also only used 1/2 c of oil. so good I omitted the topping. (to keep calories down)