Fresh Raspberry Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream
- Crush 1 cup raspberries; add enough water to measure 1 cup. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry mixture until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining raspberries. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the crumbs into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 439 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2010
Delicious. I took this to a Bible Study group and everyone raved about it. It was so easy, and I even used frozen raspberries, which made it even easier to "cool" the raspberry mixture. Will definitely make again.