Blueberry Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place apples in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with blueberries. Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour; sprinkle over fruit. Combine sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Stir in egg with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2015
This is very good. I made it for thanksgiving and everyone loved it has a great taste. The only change I would make is to chop up the apples smaller. I left them in slices and I thought it was messy. All in all great taste!
May 25, 2014
I was looking for a recipe that used fresh apples and blueberries because I had them on hand. I followed the recipe exactly and it was simple to make and delicious. The faint hint of nutmeg makes it unique. I served it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I asked the kids to rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 and all of them gave it a four. It's a keeper!
Nov 4, 2010
This was very easy to make and delicious. I used frozen already sliced Ida Red apples.
Mar 3, 2008
This is an amazing, yummy dessert. Since I've found the recipe a month ago, I've taken it to a brunch, a neighborhood function, and made it for my cooking co-op. I love, love, love this and so does everyone who gobbles it up!