Blueberry Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place apples in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with blueberries. Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour; sprinkle over fruit. Combine sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Stir in egg with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 27, 2015
This is very good. I made it for thanksgiving and everyone loved it has a great taste. The only change I would make is to chop up the apples smaller. I left them in slices and I thought it was messy. All in all great taste!
May 25, 2014
I was looking for a recipe that used fresh apples and blueberries because I had them on hand. I followed the recipe exactly and it was simple to make and delicious. The faint hint of nutmeg makes it unique. I served it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I asked the kids to rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 and all of them gave it a four. It's a keeper!
Nov 4, 2010
This was very easy to make and delicious. I used frozen already sliced Ida Red apples.
Mar 3, 2008
This is an amazing, yummy dessert. Since I've found the recipe a month ago, I've taken it to a brunch, a neighborhood function, and made it for my cooking co-op. I love, love, love this and so does everyone who gobbles it up!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.