Classic Apple Cranberry Crisp
For a little old-fashioned goodness, treat your clan to this divine dish that bakes up warm and bubbly. It's great on its own or served with a scoop of ice cream. —Billie Moss, Walnut Creek, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 408 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Crisp in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015