Maple Blueberry Crisp
With sweet blueberries and a tender crumb topping, this yummy crisp makes a wonderful treat following a brunch or evening meal. I sometimes top servings with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.—Mona Wright, Villa Rica, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, syrup, cornstarch and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in extract. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 315 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 19, 2013
On a whim decided to make this recipe since I had frozen blueberries to use and love maple anything! Followed recipe - it was a delicious family hit and will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe!