Pineapple Raisin Crisp
YEARS AGO, I found this basic recipe on the label of a can of pineapple. I adjusted it to suit our taste and made it lower in sugar. This dessert is a refreshing change from the usual apple or berry fruit crisps. It's also easy to fix for two and can be served warm or cold. -Lorraine Mix, Remer, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Combine pineapple and raisins in a small ungreased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut, oats, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until topping is crisp. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 264 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Raisin Crisp in Reminisce Extra April 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.