Pineapple Raisin Crisp
YEARS AGO, I found this basic recipe on the label of a can of pineapple. I adjusted it to suit our taste and made it lower in sugar. This dessert is a refreshing change from the usual apple or berry fruit crisps. It's also easy to fix for two and can be served warm or cold. -Lorraine Mix, Remer, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Combine pineapple and raisins in a small ungreased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut, oats, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until topping is crisp. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 264 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Raisin Crisp in Reminisce Extra April 1999