Pear Cranberry Crisp
"It's a pleasure to combine the tart cranberries we grow with sweet pears in this lovely crisp," reports Dot Angley of Carver, Massachusetts.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- Combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar, oats and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until pears are tender. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 380 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pear Cranberry Crisp in Taste of Home August/September 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.