Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 2 cups raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, sesame seeds and sunflower kernels. Add honey mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Spread onto two ungreased baking pans.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 1148 calories, 57g fat (11g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 158g carbohydrate (95g sugars, 12g fiber), 22g protein.
Dec 2, 2013
This is yummy but honestly there are far healthier and delicious granola recipes on this site. Coconut and sunflower seeds are high in bad fats and calories, hence the not so good nutrition rating.
Jul 17, 2013
I said I would make this again because we liked everything in it. However, I felt the cooking times were a little too long and I would not add the coconut until after I was done.
Aug 6, 2011
This is the FAVOURITE recipe @ our house! Crunchy, flavorful, etc. I usually don't add the raisins, but have found it's delicious either way!
Jul 6, 2011
I entered the recipe into the Calorie Count web site, and here are the results. Serving Size 132 g (10 servings at 1 cup each since recipe says it makes 10 cups): Calories 555; Calories from Fat246; Total Fat 27.4g; Saturated Fat 4.7g24%; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 0mg;Sodium 34mg; Total Carbohydrates 74.2g;Dietary Fiber 7.5g; Sugars 42.4g; Protein9.7g. Calorie Count gave it a D+ grade.
Jun 30, 2011
After trying several granola recipes, this is the keeper!
Oct 30, 2010
Please clarify nutrition info per serving. We like this but both of us must control calories.
May 27, 2010
I was worried about the carb and calorie count for this. Could these numbers be for the entire recipe and not each serving? If that were the case, then the carb count would only be 7.9g, and the calories would only be 57.4 for 1/2 cup. This sounds much more reasonable. I sure hope that is the right answer. Please let us know.
May 27, 2010
Are the calorie numbers and carb count correct for this recipe? While it sounds delicious, anyone with a weight problem couldn't even eat one serving of this a day, because there would not be any carbs left over for other food. It does sound very good though, and I wish I could eat this.
Jan 3, 2010
This granola is delicious and so much fun to eat, my family loves it. We make it often and keep it for family dinners or a simple movie night. It's a keeper, for sure.
Feb 19, 2009
Is the calorie number for this recipe correct?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.