Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plain yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pecans and coconut. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup (calculated without yogurt): 288 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Apr 4, 2018
This recipe will be in a regular rotation because it's delicious! I added mini chocolate chips but next time will add the regular size. You can easily customize the recipe with flavors you like.
Dec 22, 2015
This is my family's favorite granola recipe. I cut the vanilla extract in half and add a teaspoon of almond extract.
Nov 28, 2015
Great starter recipe! I used brown sugar with stevia to reduce the calories, pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and added walnuts while leaving out the coconut ( I didn't have any!) DO use the cooler temps 275-320 as it will burn quickly . I also stirred it while it was cooling to reduce any sticking. Nice and crunchy!
Mar 23, 2015
Not sure if the honey (Manuka) I used was the culprit however, first round with oven at 350F granola was burnt in 15 minutes (it was stirred at 1st 10 minute mark). Second attempt adjusted oven temp to 320F and it came out perfect. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Will use again.
Nov 2, 2013
This is a great recipe. My husband isn't a granola eater and he eats this recipe like candy.
Sep 25, 2012
My oven is accurate.....the 350* temp is WAY TOO HOT for this!! It browned too soon....what a mess......if you make this, I would recommend baking only @ 275*
Jul 27, 2012
Hands down, the best granola I've ever had!
Feb 14, 2012
I added craisins and raisins after baking. Substituted pancake syrup for real maple, added 1/2 c. wheat bran and 1/3 c. ground flaxseed.
Nov 29, 2011
Add your dried fruit after the granola has baked & cooled off.
Oct 28, 2011
The only thing I changed was I added dried cranberries. I wouldn't do that again as they got really hard after baking it. Other than that, it was delish!