Gran’s Granola Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Wheaties
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4-1/2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 2 to 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Combine the butter, syrup and honey; drizzle over oat mixture and stir until well coated. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; crumble granola into pieces.
- Combine the fruits in a large bowl. For each parfait, layer 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons granola and 3 rounded tablespoons fruit in a parfait glass or dessert bowl. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining granola. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 327 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2012
I love this recipe & my husband asks for it as soon as strawberry season hits. Delicious and refreshing. I've made it for brunch, a healthy mid-day snack, and it even makes a yummy dessert!