Gran’s Granola Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Wheaties
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4-1/2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 2 to 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the butter, syrup and honey; drizzle over oat mixture and stir until well coated. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; crumble granola into pieces.
- Combine the fruits in a large bowl. For each parfait, layer 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons of granola and 3 rounded tablespoons fruit in a parfait glass or dessert bowl. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining granola. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 327 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 3, 2012
I love this recipe & my husband asks for it as soon as strawberry season hits. Delicious and refreshing. I've made it for brunch, a healthy mid-day snack, and it even makes a yummy dessert!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.