Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 8 cups
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Yogurt flavor of your choice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, Grape-Nuts and almonds. Spread onto a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Coat mixture with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and brown sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir cereal and wheat germ into oat mixture. Drizzle with honey mixture; stir to coat. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Break granola into pieces. Sprinkle with apricots and cranberries and mix well. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 415 calories, 15g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 4, 2014
Great recipe, wonderful for granola and yogurt parfaits. I had a tropical fruit-only trail mix that I used instead of the cranberries and apricots. Easy to make and tastes delicious! Also very adaptable depending on the fruit and nuts you have on hand.
May 10, 2012
This is my favorite granola recipe! I typically double up on the liquid mixture to generously coat the dry ingredients.
Jan 2, 2010
This recipe is delicious and very, very easy to make. It tastes so good, my family makes it for morning meals on a regular basis. It's a keeper, for sure.
Jun 18, 2009
WOW! This is the GREATEST!! Not only do we put it with our yogurt, we also snack on it all the time...Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.