Apple Cinnamon Granola
Granola is a healthier alternative to many snacks and is stored at room temperature. This crunchy treat is great as is or use as a topping to yogurt or as a breakfast cereal with milk.—Rebekah Radewahn, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oat bran, and almonds; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the concentrate, oil and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, apples, wheat germ, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Stir in raisins. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 248 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Apple Pie Granola in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.