Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried fruit bits
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar, syrup, wheat germ, oil and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in fruit bits. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 264 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 30, 2017
Just made, very good! I bake/cook a lot and have made other granola's before but this was the best. I did not have wheat germ or pumpkin seeds so I just added more sunflower seeds and oatmeal. Can't wait to have on vanilla yogurt with fruit for brkfast.
Apr 7, 2012
Fantastic recipe and easy to make. Everytime I make it for someone who has not tasted it before, they want the recipe. The ingredients can be pricey, but if bought in bulk can make a lot! Make this recipe all the time!
Jan 29, 2012
I make several food baskets to give at Christmas time and included this granola this past Christmas. EVERYONE absolutely loved this granola and asked for, not only the recipe, but for me to make more for them!!! For the dried fruits, I used bulk instead of buying the packaged mix. I used dried cranberries, strawberries, blueberrys & bananas. The fruit was the only deviation from the original recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.