Granola Cereal Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring once. Stir in the vanilla; add oats and cereal. Fold in chocolate chips. Press into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 199 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 7, 2018
They sound good, but before I make them I need a clarification. Zero Sugars? They have brown sugar, corn syrup, p-nut butter, and chocolate chips. Just because it isn't white and granulated don't mean it isn't sugar....
Jul 4, 2017
Very good. Made for vegan daughrer. Added a little more oeanut butter. Will add a littlemore chocolate chips next time.
Mar 25, 2014
5 stars with some changes. I had trouble getting this recipe to set and also wanted add more protein so I made some changes. I make it about every week because cereal bars are my breakfast of choice. Here is the revision:2 cups old-fashioned oats2 cups Kashi Go Lean cereal (with fiber twigs, soy protein grahams, and honey puff cereal) 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice)1/4 cup packed brown sugar1/2 cup creamy peanut butter1/4 cup honey1 cup miniature marshmallows1 teaspoon vanilla extractDirections Mix cereal, oats and nuts in large mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, marshmallows and honey; microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the vanilla; fold hot mixture into cereal. Press into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut into bars.
Jul 25, 2011
These bars were okay. They were sweet and crunchy, but didn't have any distinct flavor.
Mar 16, 2011
Had no problems with these hardening whatsoever! My husband thinks they're just glorified cereal bars, but my sons love them. Will make again.
Jun 23, 2009
I could not get these bars to harden. They seemed very dry so I added more of the peanut butter & corn syrup mixture but still did not work well.