Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, brown sugar and flax. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk oil, honey, maple syrup, pie spice and salt. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 255 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 16, 2017
Yummy.... just wish it wasn't so sticky!
Apr 11, 2016
Just re-visiting this recipe to make for the 5th time! I now always have this granola available in my pantry and agree with other reviewers who adjust the recipe based upon whatever they have on hand.
Jul 16, 2015
Jul 7, 2015
May 5, 2015
Delicious! I make homemade granola for my granola/fruit/yogurt parfaits and this is my favorite! It's such a versatile recipe, one that can be tweaked to accommodate whatever I have on hand and still be delicious. I usually add 1/2 cup pecan halves, rough chopped and leave my almonds whole. I also use a fruit-only trail mix in lieu of the cranberries and raisins or add whatever dried fruit I have on hand. I always double the recipe and it keeps very well in the freezer in an airtight container.
Sep 20, 2014
Excellent recipe. I did not have flaxseed or apple pie spice so used pumpkin pie spice. I made half a recipe for just the two of us. Will definitely make this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Jun 22, 2014
This is delicious! I've never made a granola before and it's so easy. I halved the recipe except for the craisins and raisins and used extra honey because I'm not a fan of maple syrup. Also, instead of apple pie spice I used pumpkin pie spice.
Jun 21, 2014
My son is allergic to peanuts and we stay away from all nuts to be safe. Can you make a good granola without the addition of nuts? Could you just add more oatmeal in its place? This sounds like such a good on-the-go breakfast!
Jun 20, 2014
You could use Karo Syrup or just use more honey. Anything that is sticky, sweet, and delicious would do. Of course, pure maple syrup is the best in my opinion.
Jun 19, 2014
I don't have maple syrup. Can something else be used instead?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.