"This granola recipe makes a great late-night snack," explains Ida Grove, Iowa field editor Tammy Neubauer. "I like that it's nutritious, too."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Add raisins. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 254 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Raisin Granola in Taste of Home August/September 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.